Rubber Expansion Joints
Jefferson Rubber produces a range of high-performance quality products including expansion joints that compensate for pressure and expansion changes across a wide range of applications. This is achieved through maximizing design and advanced compound technology involving combining rubber or synthetic rubber with woven fabrics.
Expansion joints are manufactured by manually wrapping fabric reinforced rubber sheets, molding rubber compounds or automated winding of rubber and reinforcing layers.
For varying construction applications, rubber compounds used can be formulated to resist oil, grease, petrol, salt, and sand, without being vulnerable to premature aging from sunlight, salt, and snow. These joints remain watertight and low maintenance in all weather conditions.
Applications for Rubber Expansion Joints
- Roads, railways, and bridges
- Industrial and domestic piping
- Ducted air and air-conditioning systems
- Pumps, compressors, and blowers
- Piping systems
- Fire-fighting systems
- Power generation
Features and Benefits of Rubber Expansion Joints
- Reduce sound and vibration
- Compensate for thermal and stress misalignments of system components
- Relieve system stresses and fluid surges
- Lightweight construction
- Electrical insulation
- Multipurpose applications
- Easy to retrofit
- Eliminate electrolysis between different metals
- Improved thermal stability & efficiency
- Quick disconnection between system components
- Reduced system component fatigue