Rubber diaphragms are flexible barriers or seals that prevent the interchange of gases (including air), liquids or solutions between two mediums. They form an integral part of any substance flow control application where accurate and instant responses are required to manage changes in hydraulic or pneumatic pressures. Rubber diaphragms are essential seals used in applications of varying pressure between two mediums.
Diaphragms may be classified into two distinct types. The static diaphragm separates two mediums that are subject to low or no motion in an application and low- pressure differentials during a process. A dynamic diaphragm acts as a seal between a static and a moving component in a flow system. This requires the transmission of force and pressure to maintain a balance within the system.
Jefferson Rubber can customize compound formulation and provide design support, in-house, to meet customer specifications in the production of rubber diaphragms.
Applications for Rubber Diaphragms
- Air and gas compressors
- Flow control valves
- Measuring gauges and controls
- Oil and gas
- Chemical & Process
- Fluid handling
- Power generation
- Household goods
Features and benefits of Rubber Diaphragms
- Instant response to pressure changes
- Bonding between rubber and metal
- Broad temperature operating range
- Customizable thicknesses to provide maximum sensitivity
- Extended lifecycle under high-temperature exposure
- Long stroke capability
- Operate under extreme pressure
- Meets sanitary and hygienic requirements
- Resistant to chemicals and abrasives