Molded Rubber Parts
Molding Rubber is Our Specialty
If you’re looking for an experienced molded rubber parts manufacturer, contact Jefferson Rubber Works, Inc. (JRW). Our highly skilled staff can assist you with parts design, prototyping, production, finishing, and assembly, so you don’t have to work with multiple companies. Jefferson Rubber Works is your one stop resource for all your custom rubber molding needs.
JRW combines rubber-molding expertise with state-of-the-art rubber injection molding technology to produce molded rubber parts with precision and efficiency. Whether you need rubber caps, seals, mounts, bellows, or other molded rubber parts, Jefferson Rubber Works can take your part from design to prototype to finished product.
Types of Rubber Molding
Jefferson Rubber Works produces custom rubber molded parts at a greater rate than other rubber injection molding companies through the use of applicable state-of-the-art technology. The types of rubber molding techniques we use include:
- Rubber Compression Molding – In compression molding, a predetermined amount of rubber compound is placed directly into the mold cavity. It is then compressed into the shape of the cavity when the two sides of the mold are closed. Pressure is maintained while heat is added to the mold to cure the product. On completion of the process, the product is removed from the mold and excess rubber (flash) is removed.
- Rubber Injection Molding – In this process the uncured rubber compound is heated to a semi-liquid state before being injected into a mold. The product is then released by opening the mold and closing it again to receive the next injection.
- Rubber Transfer Molding – During this process, the uncured rubber compound is placed in a part of the mold called a “pot” before being forced through an aperture into a cavity in the shape of the desired product. When cured, the mold is split releasing the final product.
Rubber Molding Materials
Choosing the right material is an essential part of the engineering process. JRW’s skilled staff will assist you in determining which compound is best suited to your needs while keeping costs in mind. Some of the most commonly used materials for molded rubber parts are:
- Neoprene – An all-purpose indoor-outdoor synthetic rubber that is resistant to most chemicals, water, oil, and heat.
- EPDM – A type of synthetic rubber that is weather resistant even under extremely severe conditions. It’s resistant to color fade, heat, and electricity.
- Nitrile (Buna-N) – A widely used elastomer that is especially resistant to aromatic hydrocarbons, gasoline, petroleum oils, mineral, and vegetable oils.
- SBR (Buna-S) – A non-oil resistant, economically priced synthetic rubber especially noted for its low water absorption properties.
- Natural Rubber- Extremely resilient with high tensile & elongation properties. It is also resistant to flexing, permanent set and electricity.
- Urethane – A versatile compound with outstanding tensile and abrasion qualities. It also has excellent resistance to wear, ozone, oxygen, kerosene & gasoline.
- Silicones – High performance materials that can withstand extreme heat or cold and retain flexibility with a normal temperature range of -150 F to 550 F.
- Viton – A synthetic rubber compound that performs well under extreme temperatures.
Jefferson Rubber Works manufactures custom rubber molding precision parts for a variety of industries including:
- Health & Safety
Types of Molded Rubber Parts
Molded rubber parts are used for an immense range of applications across a wide range of industries. Some examples of the products manufactured by Jefferson Rubber Works include:
- Rubber Bellows
- Rubber Grommets
- Rubber Diaphragms
- Rubber Expansion Joints
- Hoses & Ducting
- EMI Shielding
- O-Rings and Gaskets
- Vibration Isolators
- Custom Rubber Molded Bumpers & Feet
- Electrical Insulator Gaskets and Shields
Why Jefferson Rubber Works?
- We Have 40+ Years of Experience. We’ve seen it all. We’ll deliver a final product you’ll be satisfied with no matter how challenging the design.
- We Are Committed to Quality. Jefferson Rubber Works is an ISO 13485:2016 and ISO 9001 certified company.
- We Use State-of-the-Art Injection Molding Technology. This allows us to produce quality molded rubber parts with both precision and speed.
- Customer Satisfaction is our Priority. Our highly skilled staff offers personalized service every step-of-the way. We work continuously to lower costs and increase efficiency.
- We are a one-stop resource for all your rubber molding needs. We have the capability to provide parts design assistance, prototyping, production, finishing, and assembly.
- JRW’s Molded Rubber Parts Are Made in the USA.
Contact us for more information about our molded rubber part services.